I love doing my makeup—mostly because I’m pretty good at it. What I can’t do is hair! [Laughs] So I like to have that done. One time I said to someone, ‘I have H and M tomorrow,’ and they were like ‘Why are you going to H&M?’ I thought everyone knew that H and M meant ‘hair and makeup,’ but then I realized it’s just us. I’ll be like ‘What time is glam?’ and people are like ‘What the fuck is glam?’
- On my face, I always start with the Giorgio Armani Light Master Primer. When Joyce [Bonelli] does my makeup, she doesn’t use a primer. But personally, I like it. It just smooths you out and makes makeup go on so much easier. My favorite foundation is the Chanel Vitalumière Aqua in 60 Beige. It’s light, so I get it a few shades darker and apply it with a kabuki brush like a bronzer. I try not to pile a lot of product on my face, but I do have the Joe Blasco Ultrabase Foundation in case. It’s really heavy, but it’s great if you have a breakout or really dark circles. I think people even use it to cover up tattoos. It’s very thick makeup.
- I’m really shiny but I love being matte—and maybe I’ll add on a little shimmer with the Urban Decay Naked Illuminated Powder in Aura or the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Gold. But when my t-zone gets oily, I feel like it makes my face look dirty, so I’m powdering with Ben Nye Translucent Face Powder all the time. Even at a red light…definitely before I leave my car, too. I’m also very into putting sunscreen on my hands when I’m in the car—I don’t want to get sunspots. I keep a bottle of Lancôme’s formula in my glove box. I also like the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen because it doesn’t leave the film that others will, which greases up your car.
- It’s crazy how many nude lip crayons I own—I probably need to get rid of some. This Kardashian Beauty Sheer Joy Tinted Lip Balm [ed note: discontinued] is one of our products we did as a limited edition for Christmas, and I love it. I’m going to be so pissed when it’s done—it’s like a stain, so I can even wear it to the gym. I’ve got a couple stored away, and I refuse to give them to anyone. [Laughs] Another really good nude for me is Tom Ford Lipstick in Sable Smoke and Spanish Pink.
- I like Tom Ford and Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense lipsticks. When I’m doing my own, I will just use Make Up For Ever. I like matte finishes, mostly. I normally like to do a lip pencil and then fill it in with the same pencil because it stays on all day, and you don’t have to reapply it. I love Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencils. They literally do not move on your lips. I don’t know the names of the colors. There’s a nude one [ed note: Rosewood] that I use. I think I stole it from Joyce, and I was like, ‘I have to buy this.’ And when I went into Sephora, I saw all of their amazing colors and bought all of them.
- Charlotte Tilbury is really great as well. Her lipsticks are good, but I love the Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon in Bronzed Garnet. It’s eyeliner, but I just used it yesterday kind of as a shadow and smoothed it out with a shadow brush. My eyes are hazel-green. Then I use Lancôme Définicils for mascara. Anastasia makes the best eyebrow pencils. I always have Anastasia Beverly Hills Perfect Brow Pencil with me.
I’m like a connoisseur of dry shampoo, so I’m really picky. Jen [Atkin] will kill me, but one of my favorites is Pssst! When she’s not with me, I put it all in my hair even though it makes it look white. It doesn’t smell too good, so I also use the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray. And I love our Take 2 Dry Conditioner, too—that’s why we made it. It smells really fresh and good. It’s different from a dry shampoo—it’s good when you have bigger, frizzier hair because it adds a sheen to it even though it’s not as heavy as an oil.
Every night, I wash my face with two different cleansers. One is the Kiehl’s Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser. It’s for breakouts because it’s just so intense. Then I use one that’s all-natural from my dermatologist, Dr. Christie Kidd. It’s really soft, and I use that to cleanse, too. I use either baby oil or coconut oil to take off my makeup before though. After that, I use La Mer’s Crème de La Mer every night and then lather my skin in Bio-Oil Specialist Moisturizer. Sometimes I combine the two to thin it out, but I tend to like a really heavy cream to sleep in.
Kourtney got me into all these Mama Mio products that are all natural—I think she used them when she was breast-feeding. Their names are really cute—there is one that’s called the Shrink to Fit Cellulite Smoother that I like. I use one of their other products called the Pregnancy Boob Tube every day. It’s got avocado oil and shea butter so when your boobs are growing you don’t get stretch marks. I like it though, because it tightens your neck, too. I’ve been using it everyday for a year. Now people always ask me, ‘Why do you have this?’ hinting as if I’m trying to have a baby, and I’m like, ‘No, no. It’s just because I fuckin’ like it’.”